Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tomato Feta Salad



It has been so hot most things have dried up in the garden, and the squash bugs finally did in the zucchini.  I have one okra plant that came up and it has been a producer.  The other success story is the tomatoes, and I have high hopes for the second round of green beans.

Shawn reminded me of this salad we used to make at the cafe.  We have cherry tomatoes coming out our ears, and every time I go to my mom's house she gives me another basketful.  I happened to have some feta in the fridge, so I whipped this up.

Very simple - halve cherry tomatoes, toss with feta, salt, pepper, olive oil, chopped parsley, and lemon juice.  Go easy on the salt at first in case your feta is salty.  I like to rinse the tomatoes after I slice them to get rid of some of the seeds.  It's best fresh, but it will keep in the fridge.  Since olive oil solidifies when cold, you should bring it to room temperature before serving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment